image: header
Home | About | Contact | Books | Blog | Fiction | Non-Fiction | Mythic Impact


Monday, August 23, 2010

Leaving Egypt Behind

Scripture: Exodus 19:6, and you shall be to Me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation.

“Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men,” Jesus said to His first disciples. Throughout His ministry He continued the charge. The kingdom of God is at hand.

Did the disciples truly comprehend? Dreams of Messiah, dreams of dominion, dreams of peace danced through their beliefs. Dedicated to God.

Foxes have holes, birds have nests; the Son of God has nowhere to lay His head.

Follow in My covenant and become a kingdom of priests, God told Israel. My own possession, My own people, a holy nation.

Did Israel truly understand? Experiences in Egypt, exposure of false gods, exodus echoed through their memories. Extol God.

Forget not My teaching, but let your heart keep My commandments.

Follow in His steps, His example left, you have been called for this purpose.

Do I truly grasp the implications? Submissive servant, scripture nourished, holy priesthood, spiritual seed seep through my soul. A living stone.

Feed My sheep.

Psalm of Worship: Psalm 107:22

Let them also offer sacrifices of thanksgiving,

And tell of His works with joyful singing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content Copyright Marcy Weydemuller | Site by Eagle Designs