image: header
Home | About | Contact | Books | Blog | Fiction | Non-Fiction | Mythic Impact


Monday, August 9, 2010

Leaving Egypt Behind

Scripture: Exodus 17:3, But the people thirsted there for water; and they grumbled against Moses and said, “Why, now, have you brought us up from Egypt, to kill us and our children and our livestock with thirst?”

It’s so easy to complain. In fact, it seems therapeutic sometimes. We let off steam, emit anger, verbalize frustration. We feel released, validated. And when we grumble against a person or circumstance we feel justified.

Israel did not desire to complain against God, again. But their interior volcano gained steam and Moses was quite accessible. So they blew their fears and doubts and confusion at him in angry bluster.

I don’t want to admit some of my grumblings are against God. If I did then I’d tell myself to be silent. So I too burst my steam at whatever’s handy. And break relationships and cause emotional pain.

The prophet Habbakuk took his concerns directly to God. “How long, O Lord, will I call for help, and Thou wilt not hear? I cry to Thee, ‘Violence!’ yet Thou dost not save.” He knew there was nothing he could not speak to You.

Before I work damage and destruction to others from my own insecurities, remind me, Lord, to come to You in prayer.

Psalm of Worship: Psalm 62:8

Trust in Him at all times, O People;

Pour out your heart before Him; God is a refuge for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content Copyright Marcy Weydemuller | Site by Eagle Designs