image: header
Home | About | Contact | Books | Blog | Fiction | Non-Fiction | Mythic Impact


Thursday, August 12, 2010

Leaving Egypt Behind

Scripture: Exodus 17:9, So Moses said to Joshua, “Choose men for us, and go out, fight against Amalek. Tomorrow I will station myself on the top of the hill with the staff of God in my hand.”

Sometimes the call comes to fight. To enter the fray, pouring our very lives into the battle. We can only go when God chooses and as He directs. Until then we stand our posts and wait. Clothed with breastplate, sword, and shield, ready to participate.

But other times the battle is behind the scenes. A silent station fighting a silent battle alone or in communion with others. A battle of prayer. “Put on the full armor of God, that you may be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil.”

Joshua commissioned to physical labor against the enemy. Moses commissioned to spiritual struggle against the foe. Both parts required to complete God’s victory. Both maintained their position until the combat ended. Both covered in God’s armor.

Lord may I be ready at Your call. Whether to wait and encourage, to enter the skirmish with time and energy, to silently watch with prayer. Strengthen me to stand my station.

Psalm of Worship: Psalm 140:7

“O God the Lord, the strength of my salvation,

Thou hast covered my head in the day of battle.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content Copyright Marcy Weydemuller | Site by Eagle Designs