image: header
Home | About | Contact | Books | Blog | Fiction | Non-Fiction | Mythic Impact


Monday, August 16, 2010

Leaving Egypt Behind

Scripture: Exodus 18:11, Now I know that the Lord is greater than all the gods; indeed it was proven when they dealt proudly against the people.

Jethro, priest of Midian, Moses’ father-in-law, pronounces his acknowledgment of Yahweh. He had heard the rumors. He came to determine the truth for himself. He knew Moses’ word. Between Moses’ witness and God’s actions, Jethro believed.

“For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse.”

Job directs his accusers to seek beasts and birds, speak to earth and sea to search mankind’s breath. He declares all are found in God. He added his witness to acts of creation.

Forgive me for silence, Lord. It is beyond my understanding that I have the opportunity to witness of You. But if I don’t share with the people who know me Your work in my life, how will they know it is of You? How else can they marvel with me?

Join my testimony, I pray, to Jesus’ redemptive accomplishment. Cultivate openness in me, a willingness to communicate Your truths, to share Your commitment.

Psalm of Worship: Psalm 19:1

The heavens are telling of the glory of God;

And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content Copyright Marcy Weydemuller | Site by Eagle Designs