image: header
Home | About | Contact | Books | Blog | Fiction | Non-Fiction | Mythic Impact


Thursday, July 29, 2010

Leaving Egypt Behind

Scripture: Exodus 16:15, When the sons of Israel saw it, they said to one another, “What is it?” For they did not know what it was. And Moses said to them, “It is the bread which the Lord has given you to eat.”

Unidentifiable, unnamable, unaccustomed nourishment from the Lord’s own hand. New every morning. Needs met. Unless they rejected God’s manna.

Without it, they would starve.

Unexplained mystery. Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life; he who comes to Me shall not hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst.”

Without Him, I will starve my soul.

Spiritual manna every morning offered to sustain my days. Often I do not understand it, or even recognize it, but, I must be willing to accept it, if I am to live. “What is it?” I ask, and sometimes the explanation is made clear, and sometimes I am asked to step into the day in faith.

Lord, help me to trust, to take hold of Your spiritual mysteries from Your own hand each morning that I might live fully alive and alert to Your possibilities.

Psalm of Worship: Psalm 107:9

For He has satisfied the thirsty soul,

And the hungry soul He has filled with what is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content Copyright Marcy Weydemuller | Site by Eagle Designs