image: header
Home | About | Contact | Books | Blog | Fiction | Non-Fiction | Mythic Impact


Monday, July 19, 2010

Leaving Egypt Behind

Scripture: Exodus 15:24, So the people grumbled at Moses, saying, “What shall we drink?”

Three days earlier, Israel sang songs of praise, thanksgiving, and love to the Lord. Their hearts burst with joy at freedom from slavery, freedom from Pharaoh’s army. All the Lord had promised, He had delivered.

And now they journeyed. And now they met their first obstacle. And now they complained.

No preliminary prayer. No seeking faith.

Last week the Lord gave me peace in my heart over a long-term prayer. I was finally able to release the circumstances and sang internal praises all day long. Yesterday was cold and wet and I ached all over. My head was woolly and the people around me irritable. I grumbled and fussed all day long.

No prayer. No faith. No praise.

Forgive me Lord, for being so susceptible to the atmosphere around me, and so out of touch with You. You are still present, Your promises are still available. You will provide the drink today just as You did for Israel. Open my eyes to see with faith.

Psalm of Worship: Psalm 107:35

He changes a wilderness into a pool of water,

And a dry land into springs of water;

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content Copyright Marcy Weydemuller | Site by Eagle Designs