image: header
Home | About | Contact | Books | Blog | Fiction | Non-Fiction | Mythic Impact


Thursday, July 1, 2010

Leaving Egypt Behind

Scripture: Exodus 13:22, He did not take away the pillar of cloud by day, nor the pillar of fire by night, from before the people.

Israel walked through the wilderness in sight of God. Day and night His Presence led them. They had no recourse to doubt or to discern. They followed a living signal.

Before them, behind them, above them, over them, God led Israel into situations and circumstances always providing His Presence, His protection, His provision.

“Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.”

We cannot see Him as Israel did. We are called to walk by steps of faith and inner vision. Often our vision becomes blurred and we are confused. We lack confidence. We lack direction.

I need to focus my vision on Jesus. Not to run ahead of Him or lag behind Him. He will lead me in the right direction at the right time.

Forgive me, Lord, for fearful paralysis. Forgive me for refusing to walk by faith. Open my eyes to see You. Open my mind to follow only Your path.

Psalm of Worship: Psalm 44:18

Our heart has not turned back,

And our steps have not deviated from Thy way,

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content Copyright Marcy Weydemuller | Site by Eagle Designs