image: header
Home | About | Contact | Books | Blog | Fiction | Non-Fiction | Mythic Impact


Thursday, July 8, 2010

Leaving Egypt Behind

Scripture: Exodus 14:5, When the king of Egypt was told that the people had fled, Pharaoh and his servants had a change of heart toward the people, and they said, “What is this we have done, that we have let Israel go from serving us?”

Despite the clear hand of God, the death of loved ones, and the destruction of their land, Egypt set out to reclaim Israel. Without Israel, the mighty Egypt was without slaves. With Israel’s departure, they lost prestige.

Is such the lure of power and control? No matter the consequences it becomes necessary to maintain the status quo at all costs. Any means to not suffer financial hardship, to not suffer loss of face.

Daily we are bombarded by advertisements demanding we buy, eat, dress, according to this or that, promising our lives will attain perfection and pleasure. Everyone will recognize us as eminent, experienced, elite. We will reach the pinnacle of success.

How many of my decisions are based on the threat of economics? How much is my self-esteem based on my relationships to others and their opinion of me? Do I grasp too tight, Lord, to my securities, afraid to let change enter my life, even when Your hand clearly marks a new way? Let me put my faith in You, in reality, not in the illusion of power and control.

Psalm of Worship: Psalm 25:10

All the paths of the Lord are lovingkindness and truth

To those who keep His covenant and His testimonies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content Copyright Marcy Weydemuller | Site by Eagle Designs