image: header
Home | About | Contact | Books | Blog | Fiction | Non-Fiction | Mythic Impact


Thursday, September 1, 2011

Kingdom Manna

Key

Matthew 13:24, He put before them another parable: “The kingdom of heaven may be compared to someone who sowed good seed in his field.”

My immediate question is why would someone not plant good seed. It makes no sense to work for a harvest without beginning from the expectation that all the labor and time and cost will result in profit.

God asks us the same question. “Why do you spend your money for that which is not bread, and your labor for that which does not satisfy?” How are my days and thoughts and energy spent? Is my focus directed toward good seed, or do I just plant whatever is at hand—regardless of quality?

Manna that truly sustains is Your seed, Lord. Help me to take the time to think through all my commitments and priorities and responsibilities to see if they are truly good according to Your measure. Am I capable of doing thankless tasks with a servant heart, or am I doing any tasks with a bitter spirit, creating bad seed.

Guard me in Your refuge, Lord. In Your field. Then all that I produce will be a harvest of hope. A rich harvest.


Psalm of Worship: Psalm 34:8

O taste and see that the Lord is good;

happy are those who take refuge in him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content Copyright Marcy Weydemuller | Site by Eagle Designs