image: header
Home | About | Contact | Books | Blog | Fiction | Non-Fiction | Mythic Impact


Monday, September 19, 2011

Kingdom Manna

Key

Mark 4:7, Other seed fell among thorns, and the thorns grew up and choked it, and it yielded no grain.

Puzzle pieces scattered across the table, face up, ready for the challenge on a rainy afternoon. Family, friends, hot chocolate, and fellowship bring rest and refreshment to a dreary day. Our spirits are lifted. Memories are knit into our minds.

Long schedules stretched throughout the day, filled with chore fragments drain our stamina even in sunny weather. Stress builds as we attempt to match all the pieces-all the needs-all the obligations. Fatigue empties us. Tiredness creeps into our hearts.

Possibilities invigorate us. Potential opportunities invite our interest. But too often, Lord, I forget to look ahead. To check my other commitments. And I end up choking a time of growth in a already packed lifestyle. I want more than I can handle and I allow both good and false lures to smother me.

Let my mind and heart be attuned to Your values Lord. Help me to learn to simplify my busyness, to make time for concerns that count for eternity. May all my pieces be focused in You. A perfect match.

Psalm of Worship: Psalm 94:18-19

When I thought, “My foot is slipping,” Your steadfast love, O Lord, held me up.

When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content Copyright Marcy Weydemuller | Site by Eagle Designs