image: header
Home | About | Contact | Books | Blog | Fiction | Non-Fiction | Mythic Impact


Monday, April 12, 2010

Leaving Egypt Behind

Scripture: Exodus 5:13, And the taskmasters presses them, saying, “Complete your work quota, your daily amount, just as when you had straw.”

Waves of helplessness flood us when we face circumstances we can neither control or change. Fear grips our minds. Outrage engulfs our hearts. We stand bewildered.

The foremen of the sons of Israel faced an impossible situation not of their own choosing. They attempted reason. Rejected. They reviewed the possibilities. Pruned. They requested clemency. Caned. No hope for negotiation. No exit.

How do we cope? Where do we flee when the pain becomes unbearable? God promises us “that you may be able to endure it.”

That doesn’t sound like the rescue I’m seeking Lord. It sounds more like I have to stay awhile in this place. Why? I came to You like You said I should. Remove me, please. Give me distance to reflect on this trial. What’s keeping me? My own chains! But I have a right to be angry. Don’t You see how uncooperative and hateful they’re being? I’m here by accident, remember.

“but He, on the other hand, because He abides forever, holds His priesthood permanently. Hence, also, He is able to save forever those who draw near to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them.”

Psalm of Worship: Psalm 71:2

In Thy righteousness deliver me, and rescue me;

Incline Thine ear to me, and save me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content Copyright Marcy Weydemuller | Site by Eagle Designs