image: header
Home | About | Contact | Books | Blog | Fiction | Non-Fiction | Mythic Impact


Monday, April 5, 2010

Leaving Egypt Behind

Scripture: Exodus 5:5, Again Pharaoh said, “Look, the people of the land are now many, and you would have them cease from their labors!”

New technological concepts root out traditional business practices like a farmer prepares his field for a new crop. Passerbys see a churned plot of land upside down, inside out, and no idea what the produce will be. From elementary school on, students speak a math language foreign even to older siblings. Speed and accuracy are said to increase production. Now people are expected to yield results at a quicker pace.

Pharaoh would have appreciated these developments. His goals were to fill quotas. Production-cost-money. Personal lives were of no consequence. They were slaves-produce output.

What about my own agenda? Is there room for people, for fellowship, or do I give all my time to completing my daily lists? How willing am I to stop the busy flow and become a participant in living? Perhaps I have become so caught up in fulfilling expectations that I am even doing those not mine to meet. I need Your discernment, Lord, to separate the urgent from the necessary, to make my life more than a production line.

Fix my tasks on Your choices. Keep my work within the boundaries You have set. Only there, will I truly feel satisfaction in completed goals.

Psalm of Worship: Psalm 90:17

And let the favor of the Lord our God be upon us;

And do confirm for us the work of our hands;

Yes, confirm the work of our hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content Copyright Marcy Weydemuller | Site by Eagle Designs