image: header
Home | About | Contact | Books | Blog | Fiction | Non-Fiction | Mythic Impact


Monday, March 26, 2012

Kingdom Manna

Crisis

Mark 14:25, “Truly I tell you, I will never again drink of the fruit of the vine until that day when I drink it new in the kingdom of God.”


“A new covenant”, Jesus said, “I give to you.” A new beginning with an end that only God will determine. An end for which Jesus waits in anticipation to celebrate with His disciples; all His disciples joined together in God’s kingdom.

A meal over which His church has cherished, worshipped, abused and argued. Sometimes taken by rote, sometimes in awe, sometimes in confusion. But faithfully adhered to ‘until He comes’.

A proclamation of faith, a light for each succeeding generation. Given with simplicity as unto a child, with mystery beyond our solutions. A candle that cannot be extinguished.

A witness of grace. Offered repeatedly. As the years pass Lord, I realize how gracious a gift. Your visible reminder to come. To be healed, restored, forgiven as often as is necessary. You repair and restore us through Your covenant. Your deliverance displayed.


Psalm of Worship: Psalm 71:18

So even to old age and gray hairs,

O God do not forsake me,

until I proclaim your might

to all the generations to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content Copyright Marcy Weydemuller | Site by Eagle Designs