image: header
Home | About | Contact | Books | Blog | Fiction | Non-Fiction | Mythic Impact


Thursday, March 22, 2012

Kingdom Manna

Crisis

2 Thessalonians 1:5, “This is evidence of the righteous judgment of God, and is intended to make you worthy of the kingdom of God, for which you are also suffering.”


With hearts grounded in His love and wills leaning on His power, the disciples were now warned of persecution ahead. Not to frighten them or send them into a panic but to prepare them for the battle.

From generation to generation God battled Amalek who attacked the weak, the stragglers, the weary. Joshua fought with the sword: Moses, Aaron and Hur with prayer. Again and again the Amaleks sneak up to attack God’s people.

We need to be ready. Not caught by surprise or overwhelmed by suddenness. Prepared to set suffering in the right perspective. And trust God to take us through. To uphold each other when tired and sick and distraught. To surround with prayer.

Fury fuels my motions Lord and I strike back. My mind fill with outrage and I am blind to Your power waiting to sustain me. When I act only in retaliation I return evil for evil and lose no matter the outcome. Instead help me to endure as You did—through the suffering to Your victory.


Psalm of Worship: Psalm 62:11-12

Once God has spoken; twice have I heard this: that power belongs to God,

and steadfast love belongs to you, O Lord.

For you repay to all according to their work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content Copyright Marcy Weydemuller | Site by Eagle Designs