image: header
Home | About | Contact | Books | Blog | Fiction | Non-Fiction | Mythic Impact


Thursday, August 4, 2011

Kingdom Manna

Yoke

Matthew 13:47, “Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a net that was thrown into the sea and caught fish of every kind;”

Every year on our annual camping trip we watch to see how quickly one friend will slip away from the set-up to check out the ‘branch’, his favorite fishing hole. He has other spots and tries out new ones but here is familiar territory-trusted waters-known fish. His lures are prepared; bait fresh, nets close at hand.

Purpose. A deliberate plan. Well executed but not always fulfilled. Some years yield bounty, some scarcity. Imagine his shock though if, during one excursion, not only did he capture familiar trout but halibut and snapper and bass and salmon and tuna and over a hundred other varieties-every kind of fish.

Early in His ministry Jesus told two fishermen, “Follow me, and I will make you fish for people.” In every tribe, in every language, in every nation, in every family comes the invitation to enter God’s kingdom.

Planned mosaic. Nets filled with beauty, diversity, familiarity, mystery. Do I even look to see Your kingdom in other places Lord? Or am I so attached to my favorite spots I fail to recognize Your purposes spread out like a net drawing me to You, calling me to fish Your waters. Kingdom children of every kind.


Psalm of Worship: Psalm 57:2

I cry to God Most High,

to God who fulfills His purpose for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content Copyright Marcy Weydemuller | Site by Eagle Designs