image: header
Home | About | Contact | Books | Blog | Fiction | Non-Fiction | Mythic Impact


Monday, August 1, 2011

Kingdom Manna

Yoke

Luke 16:16, “The law and the prophets were in effect until John came; since then the good news of the kingdom of God is proclaimed, and everyone tries to enter it by force.”

Forced entry. Fists pounding door. Feet crashing windows. Angry voices alternately demanding, arguing, shouting.

At the door of the kingdom of God? Afraid of being left behind, afraid of being late. Afraid of clanging portals barred and locked. But if we recognize ourselves as unworthy, how do we think compulsion will gain our entrance?

Far too many times I come to You Lord in prayer with a list of demands. Oh I say please and pretend within myself I will accept Your answer. But my heart is set on my own wants. And I hide my selfish motives behind bluster and bravado.

“Anyone who resolves to do the will of God will know whether the teaching is from God or whether I am speaking on my own.” Jesus sought only Your will, not His own. So instead of coercion He asked, gently-in faith-in trust-in obedience.

Free me Lord, from my fear-filled pleas. May I come with a humble heart, asking-seeking-knocking.


Psalm of Worship: Psalm 100:4

Enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise.

Give thanks to him, bless his house.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content Copyright Marcy Weydemuller | Site by Eagle Designs