image: header
Home | About | Contact | Books | Blog | Fiction | Non-Fiction | Mythic Impact


Thursday, June 30, 2011

Kingdom Manna

Hour

Luke 17:21, nor will they say, ‘Look, here it is!’ or ‘There is it!’ For, in fact, the kingdom of God is among you.

Quickly we follow the magician’s movements, eager to catch his secrets. As the object vanishes we are sure we know the hiding place. There. A groan. He has successfully masked the signs.

Diligently Israel watched through the centuries, eager to discern Messiah’s time. With study and prayer and scripture, leaders and people together knew the signposts. Now. A sigh. God’s silence weighed heavily.

Quietly Jesus moved among them, eager to share God’s love. Visible representation of all the promises. Here! A call. Unrecognized, unnoticed, He did not fit their symbols.

Daily I look to discover God’s counsel, eager to prepare my day. With schedule and plans and projects, I present a litany. Stop. A pause. Whose signals have I followed?

Lord, You do not hide Yourself. You disclose Yourself in stars and seas and seasons. And although I trust and depend on Your physical realm, I forget to follow Your spiritual guideposts. And I try to make my own magic. Instead may I recognize Your kingdom.

Psalm of Worship: Psalm 145:13

Your kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and your dominion endures throughout all generations. The Lord is faithful in all his words, and gracious in all his deeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content Copyright Marcy Weydemuller | Site by Eagle Designs