image: header
Home | About | Contact | Books | Blog | Fiction | Non-Fiction | Mythic Impact


Thursday, June 16, 2011

Kingdom Manna

Treasures

Matthew 13:44, “The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field, which someone found and hid; then in his joy he goes and sells all that he has and buys that field.”

Tales of adventure. Tales of mystery. Tales of treasure marked by an X. They captivate our childhood. Empty the pockets of a six-year-old, the hidden box of a twelve-year-old, the journal of a young adult. All treasure.

What is our treasure? Where is it? “For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.” For what does my heart yearn. For what am I willing to give everything away. For what do I covet with joy.

Too often, Lord, it is the value of tangibles. Life, health, relationships, wealth, vocation, prestige. All fragile.

When will I seek Your treasure? Treasure that does not rust or decay or die. “Seek ye my face”, the psalmist prays. “Strive first for the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.” I think it’s the word strive that stops me. It sounds difficult. And yet I would gladly pour all my muscle into digging up the X. Maybe that’s the difference. Concentrated effort for a short duration or commitment for a lifetime. But the reward is Your heritage.

Teach me Your values, Lord. Take my heart. Turn it toward Your treasures hidden in relationship with You. All eternity.

Psalm of Worship: Psalm 16:11

You show me the path of life.

In your presence there is fullness of joy;

in your right hand are pleasure forevermore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content Copyright Marcy Weydemuller | Site by Eagle Designs