image: header
Home | About | Contact | Books | Blog | Fiction | Non-Fiction | Mythic Impact


Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Faith Seeds: Prayers and Poetry


2 Kings 19, Hezekiah’s prayer for Israel. “Truly, O Lord, the kings of Assyria have laid waste the nations and their lands,…… So now, O Lord our God, save us, I pray you, from his hand, so that all the kingdoms of the earth may know that you, O Lord, are God alone.”

This king did not even try to pretend Israel had any hope of success apart from the Lord. He recognized their weakness and depended on God’s strength. So he took the letter given him and laid it before God seeking guidance.

Detail by detail, step by step. Seeking wisdom—seeking clear directions.

How often do we take special time apart to truly listen down to the minute details of circumstances facing us? How often do we recognize our inadequacy from the very beginning, no matter how much experience and talent we have?

Hurrying to meet the crisis. Tossing out prayers on the run.

Restore in us, O Lord, hearts to pray deeply, to listen carefully for Your will. To come to a place of peace in You, that Your name be honored, that the world around us may know who You are.

In our weakness, in our chaos, please bring us Your peace.


Psalm of Worship: Psalm 31:3-4

“For Thou art my rock and my fortress;
For Thy name’s sake Thou wilt lead me and guide me.
Thou wilt pull me out of the net which they have secretly laid for me;
For Thou art my strength.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content Copyright Marcy Weydemuller | Site by Eagle Designs