image: header
Home | About | Contact | Books | Blog | Fiction | Non-Fiction | Mythic Impact


Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Faith Seeds: Prayers and Poetry


Daniel 6:22, “My God sent his angel and shut the lions’ mouths so that they would not hurt me, because I was found blameless before him; and also before you, O king, I have done no wrong.”

What lion mouths are you facing right now? Bills? Medical results? Broken relationships? Fatigue? Confusion? Priorities?

Faith for Daniel meant an angel shutting the mouths of lions.

However he did not know that outcome beforehand. His situation came about due to envy and a desire for power by his opponents. When the decree was signed Daniel then went into his room to continue to pray giving thanks to God, “as he had been doing previously”, and that is where they arrested him.

He didn’t allow his outer circumstances to change his heart or his actions towards the Lord. He didn’t’ wait to know what the outcome would be before trusting. He didn’t go through numbing fear before turning back to God. He stayed the course
he already knew through his relationship.

We often wish we could say the same for ourselves, but even when we don’t deny our trust in God, often we see the lions before us and let them wear us to the bone before we call for God’s strength to sustain us.

We too can claim to be blameless before our accusers—not on our merit like Daniel—but on Jesus’ grace He has claimed for us. His word, “Come to Me all who are weary and heavy-laden and I will give you rest….and you shall find rest for your souls.”

Lord, please strengthen our souls to be in communion with You so that we will not be tossed and turned by our own false desires, or the desires of others, but grounded in a heart of integrity with You.



Psalm of Worship: Psalm 7: 1-2

“O Lord my God, in Thee I have taken refuge;
Save me from all those who pursue me, and deliver me,
Lest he tear my soul like a lion,
Dragging me away, while there is none to deliver.”




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content Copyright Marcy Weydemuller | Site by Eagle Designs