image: header
Home | About | Contact | Books | Blog | Fiction | Non-Fiction | Mythic Impact


Thursday, January 19, 2012

Kingdom Manna

Cost

Luke 11:9, “So I say to you, Ask, and it will be given you; search, and you will find; knock, and the door will be opened for you.”

When we ask a friend or family member for a favor and they answer ‘yes’ before even knowing the commitment, it makes us feel valued. They are willing to do whatever we need help with. It is warmth that cannot be manufactured with sweaters and blankets but an internal glow that overflows.

A search for a special gift is double pleasure to both the recipient and giver when the present brings joy. A knock on a door that opens to sweep us into a room filled with welcome brings delight. These simple gifts we share with each other create solid bonds, growing relationships, and secure comfort.

“Whatever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive.”

According to Jesus, there are no limits set except to ask in faith. So simple a child can grasp. So magnificent we stagger. In doubts, in unbelief. Can it be true?

With the evidence of His love before me I still stumble at the possibilities. Yet the spiritual promises are more concrete than the physical. Christ’s realities more tangible than human frailties. I accept the offer from my friends with gratitude. Can I do any less for You, Lord? Help me to ask and seek and knock in faith.


Psalm of Worship: Psalm 2:8

Ask of me, and I will make the nations your heritage,

and the ends of the earth your possession.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content Copyright Marcy Weydemuller | Site by Eagle Designs