image: header
Home | About | Contact | Books | Blog | Fiction | Non-Fiction | Mythic Impact


Thursday, January 5, 2012

Kingdom Manna

Cost

Luke 18:29, And he said to them, “Truly I tell you, there is no on who has left house or wife or brothers or parents or children, for the sake of the kingdom of God,..”

Divided loyalties. They have the capacity to extend from anxiety over choices and priorities, like two important events scheduled on the same night, to deep wells of guilt over decisions. Especially if our decision equally separates two people we love.

We face emotional pain, doubts and turmoil. Feelings of inadequacy loom; ‘If only I’d planned better, prepared properly, I would not be the cause of such disappointment.’ Why then does Jesus so strongly call us to such a choice? Why does He ask us to divide ourselves from the same people He has surrounded us with?

Despite my love for my family and friends, I do not always know what choices are in their best interests. What successes or failures will bring them into a closer walk with God? Or when my motives have an underlying bias toward my own self-interests or needs. And neither do they for me.

With Jesus only can we decide rightly. With Him alone will we have the security of choosing rightly. When we all put His priorities first, we together move closer to His kingdom.

Lord, help me to center all my loyalties in You and trust in You alone for the outcome.


Psalm of Worship: Psalm 119:121

I have done what is just and right;

do not leave me to my oppressors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content Copyright Marcy Weydemuller | Site by Eagle Designs