image: header
Home | About | Contact | Books | Blog | Fiction | Non-Fiction | Mythic Impact


Thursday, September 22, 2011

Kingdom Manna

Key

Mark 4:8, Other seed fell into good soil and brought forth grain, growing up and increasing and yielding thirty and sixty and a hundred-fold.

Land of opportunity, land of plenty, land of promise. Israel could not receive the fruits of the land until they crossed the river, settled the country, and planted their crops.

Farmers cannot eat the produce of the harvest without the planting. We cannot experience the fruit of God’s word without reading and thinking and praying and living. “I am the vine, you are the branches. Those who abide in me and I in them bear much fruit, because apart from me you can do nothing.” Jesus clearly defines the good soil where we can grow and yield abundance.

Lord, I hear Your words and my desire is to be in good soil. My mind grasps the requirement; my life feels so far removed. How exactly can I abide? I want stepping stones, markers of accomplishment.

Fruit thirty and sixty and a hundred-fold is beyond my comprehension too. So is the time of eternity. It all seems so removed from to-day. Yet it is now that Your seeds are sown, and nurtured and grow. Now is the time to plant. Keep me fast in You, Lord, in spite of my questions and ignorance. Keep me growing up.

Psalm of Worship: Psalm 85:12-13

The Lord will give what is good, and our land will yield its increase.

Righteousness will go before him, and will make a path for his steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content Copyright Marcy Weydemuller | Site by Eagle Designs