image: header
Home | About | Contact | Books | Blog | Fiction | Non-Fiction | Mythic Impact


Thursday, September 8, 2011

Kingdom Manna

Key

Matthew 13:30, “Let both of them grow together until the harvest; and at harvest time I will tell the reapers, Collect the weeds first and bind them in bundles to be burned but gather the wheat into my barn.”


Due to a combination of late rains, busy schedules and unexpected detours, our lawn became neglected. The grass was so high neither the dog nor we could find his balls. The neighborhood cats were happy. They crept through the tall grass stalking birds and mice.

But the weeds are not hidden. They stood above the grass in odd places. It was a surprise to see the spots they inhabited. I would never have known unless they grew to such a height.

Deep within me Lord are weeds that I do not even recognize. You know what they are and where they are. And alongside are the seeds You have planted, slowly growing, taking a very long time.

Both together. Both battling for my attention and interest. Both affecting my choices and my character. Yet You have promised deliverance. A time when the dross will be consumed. And Your promise protects me in the meantime. Thank you Lord for Your gathering time.


Psalm of Worship: Psalm 75:2

At the set time that I appoint I will judge with equity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content Copyright Marcy Weydemuller | Site by Eagle Designs