image: header
Home | About | Contact | Books | Blog | Fiction | Non-Fiction | Mythic Impact


Thursday, September 15, 2011

Kingdom Manna

Key

Mark 4:5, Other seed fell on rocky ground, where it did not have much soil, and it sprang up quickly, since it had no depth of soil.

Heat scorches. Hot sun rays burn away new grass. Seasons of drought decimate plants not rooted deep in soil and moisture. The land becomes hard, brittle, open gashes of cracked dry ground.

Hot winds whirl through our lives. Raising temperatures of anxiety, worry, fear. Starting small fires. Is the company going under? What will the doctor’s report say? How can I pay these bills? If God really cares, why is this happening? When our roots are shallow our faith can split open. When our seeds are planted deep in God’s word He reminds us, “I have called you by name, you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through the fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you.”

Hold me firmly in Your grip, Lord, I pray, when harsh storms attack and troubles dry up my feelings and hopes and trust. Do not let me fall away. Keep me rooted and grounded in Your soil-deep, deep down-sustained by You.

Psalm of Worship: Psalm 112:6-7

For the righteous will never be moved; they will be remembered forever.

They are not afraid of evil tidings; their hearts are firm, secure in the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content Copyright Marcy Weydemuller | Site by Eagle Designs