image: header
Home | About | Contact | Books | Blog | Fiction | Non-Fiction | Mythic Impact


Thursday, July 22, 2010

Leaving Egypt Behind

Scripture: Exodus 15:26, And He said, “If you will give earnest heed to the voice of the Lord your God, and do what is right in His sight, and give ear to His commandments, and keep all His statutes, I will put none of the diseases on you which I have put on the Egyptians; for I the Lord, am your healer.

Twenty bodies sat poised, eyes focused on their teacher, waiting for the signal. As one, they raised their instruments, paused, then played the movement; notes rising and falling, slower then faster in accordance with her hands. She held their earnest attention.

Jesus speaks to Pilate telling him, “Everyone who is of the truth hears My voice.” And Pilate replies, “What is truth?” He was not prepared to listen.

Am I listening to You, Lord, in earnest? Or do I come to hear Your word, Your voice, on the run, half-hearted, scattered?

You called Israel to a relationship, a commitment, a healthy life. If they would heed Your voice, obey Your words, walk with You.

Lord help me to heed Your voice in earnest, so that my life will be an act of decision to follow in Your ways. Help me to choose the melody of an obedient walk with You and not a flighty engagement, when I feel like it, which is so easily broken.

Psalm of Worship: Psalm 95:7

For He is our God,

And we are the people of His pasture, and the sheep of His hand.

Today, if you would hear His voice,

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content Copyright Marcy Weydemuller | Site by Eagle Designs