image: header
Home | About | Contact | Books | Blog | Fiction | Non-Fiction | Mythic Impact


Thursday, July 15, 2010

Leaving Egypt Behind

Scripture: Exodus 15:2, “The Lord is my strength and my song,

And He has become my salvation;”

Through a week of difficult decisions, the sun shone. The next morning I wakened to a deluge of rain, wind, and cold. As I sipped tea next to the cascading stream on the window, a sense of despair crept throughout me. The situation was already fragile. To add worrisome driving conditions and health concerns was more than I could handle.

Then through the sheets of water I detected a clear vibrant note. Buried in the tree branches outside a lone bird was trilling joyously. His song pierced the storm’s symphony. His delight poured out to his Creator.

To the Lord be the glory. It is His doing, His work, His plan. He is our salvation, from beginning to end. His name is to be praised above all others.

The day ahead did stretch beyond my capabilities but as I listened to my invisible companion I realized I had forgotten my place. I was responsible to meet my obligation only, and to trust God for the outcome.

Thank you Lord for reminding me to praise You as much in the storm as in the sun, for You are present in both. It is in the storm when I most recognize Your victory and Your salvation.

Psalm of Worship: Psalm 66:1

Shout joyfully to God, all the earth;

Sing the glory of His name; Make His praise glorious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content Copyright Marcy Weydemuller | Site by Eagle Designs