image: header
Home | About | Contact | Books | Blog | Fiction | Non-Fiction | Mythic Impact


Thursday, May 13, 2010

Leaving Egypt Behind

Scripture: Exodus 8:10, … So he said, “May it be according to your word, that you may know that there is no one like the Lord our God.”

Pharaoh is disdainful of the Hebrews and their God, yet Moses graciously extends to him an offer; it will be done according to your word, on your say-so, on your time. Moses maneuvered Pharaoh into accountability. Pharaoh could not sidestep the Lord’s answer. He himself had set up the terms. Doubts, excuses, arguments swept away. Relief arrived. Pharaoh hardened his heart.

Passover. Jesus knelt before Judas and washed his feet. Jesus warned woe to the man who betrayed Him. Jesus dipped the morsel and gave it to Judas, saying, “what you do, do quickly.” Repeated opportunities for Judas to repent from his path toward betrayal. Judas departed into the night.

Pausing to look back over selfish pursuits I chose, I see now the signposts warning my paths. You do not leave us blind, Lord; promises of scripture, people to support us. You give with grace. Like Pharaoh, though, when the danger is past, my will stiffens.

Pardon me, I pray, for rejecting Your beacons. Thank you for continuing to admonish and caution me to the dangers. Keep me accountable to You, to Your light. Keep me from a hardened heart.

Psalm of Worship: Psalm 19:2

Day to day pours forth speech,

And night to night reveals knowledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content Copyright Marcy Weydemuller | Site by Eagle Designs