image: header
Home | About | Contact | Books | Blog | Fiction | Non-Fiction | Mythic Impact


Friday, March 12, 2010

Leaving Egypt Behind

Scripture: Exodus 3:3, So Moses said, “I must turn aside now, and see this marvelous sight, why the bush is not burned up.”

Agendas drive our days. Either by choice or by demand work fills our time. Our clocks pulse to the routine daily rhythms.

Moses pastured his father-in-law’s flock, a familiar everyday duty. On this day he came to Mount Horeb, the mountain of God. Was this the first time? Did Moses often bring his flock on this route of wilderness? Scripture only tells us of this day when God met Moses in the midst of his common responsibilities. The bush burned but was not consumed, and Moses turned aside to investigate.

Would I be so flexible, so curious? Do I even expect to see God in the ‘thick of things’ or have I a time and a place reserved for church or prayer, hoping to hear God’s voice there when I am ready to listen? Would He, I wonder, arrest my concentration?

Moses, attuned to his surroundings, his curiosity peaked, chose to seek an answer. And when God saw Moses taking the time to see, then He spoke.

Lord, am I willing to take the time to investigate the unusual interruptions, to see if You are present in them, or do I ignore them, in an attempt to control my day? Keep me flexible and open to You. May I not be so bound in routine that You cannot catch my attention.

Psalm of Worship: Psalm 123:2

Behold, as the eyes of servants look to the hand of their master,

As the eyes of a maid to the hand of her mistress;

So our eyes look to the Lord our God,

Until He shall be gracious to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content Copyright Marcy Weydemuller | Site by Eagle Designs