image: header
Home | About | Contact | Books | Blog | Fiction | Non-Fiction | Mythic Impact


Monday, March 8, 2010

Leaving Egypt Behind

Scripture: Exodus 2:23, Now it came about in the course of those many days that the king of Egypt died..; and their cry for help because of their bondage rose up to God.

Pleasant times pass too quickly. The day spent with a friend, a week-end getaway, a quiet solitary retreat all end before we’re ready. Our sigh is ‘so soon’. As the rush of mainstream living catches us up, our memories may just be a fleeting sense of well-being, or a feeling of connectedness.

But time spent living with pain and affliction slows to a crawl. We can feel abandoned, lost, and uncared for. How do we reconcile these days with scripture’s word, “I will not fail you or forsake you.” Our sigh is ‘where are You, when will this end?’

While Moses shepherded in Midian, the king of Egypt died but Israel’s plight did not lift. They continued in bondage. Their anguish ascended to God’s ear. He heard them, He noticed them, He remembered His covenant with them. Not that He had forgotten them, His plan was going forward; “it came about in the course of those many days.”

Sometimes I forget that God has a course for me far above my plans. His course is one I cannot fathom and when that course is difficult I forget His promises that resolution will come in His time. Continually throughout His ministry Jesus stated, “My hour has not yet come.” With His face set toward Jerusalem, Jesus kept to God’s course.

Lord, remind me in these long days to hold onto Your Presence. Let me stick fast to Your side as I wait upon the completion of Your course.

Psalm of Worship: Psalm 34:4

I sought the Lord, and He answered me,

And delivered me from all my fears.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content Copyright Marcy Weydemuller | Site by Eagle Designs