image: header
Home | About | Contact | Books | Blog | Fiction | Non-Fiction | Mythic Impact


Thursday, November 24, 2011

Kingdom Manna

Grace

John 4:34, Jesus said to them, “My food is to do the will of him who sent me and to complete his work.”

When a newborn infant calls, everyone responds. Perhaps with stumbling steps, groggy eyes, or tentative touch, but eagerly. With joy. With delight to serve. We are theirs to command.

How quickly a few months/years change our responses as we evaluate demands according to our agendas. Wills clash. We bargain, juggle, coerce, manipulate, plead, insist.

When Jesus offers us life, we listen. Eager to hear of this gift. Grateful to relinquish the burdens our hearts hold. We respond with joy. With delight we pledge service. We commit to His authority.

How soon though Lord before I find my will rubbing against Yours? And I begin to complain. Or resist. Or outright disobey. Unwilling to see the barnacles of self and sin scraped off me. Unable to see the new maturity growing within when I do Your will.

When will I realize that Your ways develop growth. With joy. With delight. May I find the contentment of obedience, Lord.

Psalm of Worship: Psalm 40: 8

I delight to do your will, O my God; your law is within my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content Copyright Marcy Weydemuller | Site by Eagle Designs