image: header
Home | About | Contact | Books | Blog | Fiction | Non-Fiction | Mythic Impact


Thursday, August 18, 2011

Kingdom Manna

Yoke

Luke 4:43, But he said to them, “I must proclaim the good news of the kingdom of God to the other cities also; for I was sent for this purpose.”

Sent for a purpose. Sent to accomplish a task. Sent to fulfill a covenant.

Message delivered in person. “The words that I say to you I do not speak on my own; but the Father who dwells in me does his works.” Personally delivered in mercy. Committed wholly to His father’s mission. Jesus’ focus remained centered in God’s will.

Steeped in prophecy. Steeped in history. Steeped in prayer.

My mouth moves often but not necessarily with Your words, Lord. I react, respond, and reciprocate to actions with my own motives instead of yours. Or I get so sidetracked with details and time and lists and performance that I speak hollow words, surface clichés instead of sharing Your truths, Your good news.

Soak me so deep in Your scripture, Your covenant, that nothing but Your purpose will be spoken. Make me a committed messenger willing to speak whenever You send.


Psalm of Worship: Psalm 111:9

He sent redemption to his people; he has commanded his covenant forever. Holy and awesome is his name.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content Copyright Marcy Weydemuller | Site by Eagle Designs