image: header
Home | About | Contact | Books | Blog | Fiction | Non-Fiction | Mythic Impact


Monday, June 13, 2011

Kingdom Manna

Treasures

Mark 10:25, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.

Wisdom, worthiness, now wealth. None open the door to God’s kingdom. Wondering disciples question who, then, can be saved? What qualifications are yet obtainable? Who can turn the key? No man.

But the illusion weaves on through rich gains. Build. Build bigger. Build better. Boast. Blinded by silver, by gold, by name.

Worlds of splendor Satan bartered with Jesus. All the kingdoms of the world are yours if you worship me. As if he owned God’s own creation to give. Assuming a status based on accumulation. Jesus replied, “Worship the Lord your God, and serve only him.” Satan left.

But what is impossible for man is possible with God. Bearer of hope, of mercy, of grace. Bearer of salvation.

Will I ever let go of my measures, Lord? Each time You plump my nest or praise my work I preen with pride. I forget Your call to be a faithful steward. To serve the people You bring into my life. To cater to needs through possessions instead of hoarding barns.

But then Lord, You startle me with outrageous potentials. Multiplying fish and bread. Walking on water. Nudging camels through needles. Crack open the door to Your kingdom. And true riches.

Psalm of Worship: Psalm 118:20

This is the gate of the Lord; the

righteous shall enter through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content Copyright Marcy Weydemuller | Site by Eagle Designs