image: header
Home | About | Contact | Books | Blog | Fiction | Non-Fiction | Mythic Impact


Thursday, June 2, 2011

Kingdom Manna

Treasures

Matthew 18: 3, and said, “Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

The dedicated docent rambled on through the details, emphasizing safety for the giant elephant seals and for us as we prepared to navigate their domain. Sun sparkled sand caught my shy two and a half year olds attention and he kneeled to sift it through tiny fingers. The docent paused mid-sentence. “Amen” my son whispered. “Amen!” he stated emphatically as the narration continued.

Throughout the two hour tour he silently rode his father’s shoulders, eyes dark with wonder. Then as the docent began his summary, “Yes! Jesus loves me” burst from my son’s lips. Startled, we smothered our laughter and moved as far to the back edge as possible. Shh, I touched my finger to his mouth. He reached over, patted me on the cheek, and sang even louder.

That evening we walked out to see the stars in the coastal sky. Astonishment rippled throughout his entire body. My son threw back his head and opened wide his arms.

“I tell you, if these were silent, the stones would shout out.” Jesus said.

Too many times I have walked through Your domain Lord with a silent heart and blind eyes to the beauty surrounding me. Instead I swat at mosquitoes, moan at muscle aches, mutter at stumblings. Instead of worshipping You, of awe at Your creation, of wonder at Your details. Expand my sight Lord, to look for You and see You with a child’s eyes.

Psalm of Worship: Psalm 119:37

Turn my eyes from looking at vanities;

give me life in your eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content Copyright Marcy Weydemuller | Site by Eagle Designs