image: header
Home | About | Contact | Books | Blog | Fiction | Non-Fiction | Mythic Impact


Monday, October 25, 2010

Leaving Egypt Behind

Scripture: Exodus 33:6, So the sons of Israel stripped themselves of their ornaments from Mount Horeb onward.

Stripped. Their outer ornaments that signified their position, their wealth, their status. Whether they wore their ornaments as a right, or to command respect and admiration, now they were ready to wear nothing. To be seen simply as God’s people.

How comfortable am I/are we to have all our outer props removed? Race, color, social status, family credentials, education and finances. To simply be known for myself/ourselves. Do I even know who I am apart from my props?

Scripture puts us on equal footing: “for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, being justified as a gift by His grace through the redemption which is in Jesus Christ.”

Help me, Lord, to be stripped of anything that takes precedence over my following you. Remove any pretentiousness in me. Clear my sight also to look at each person in my life as Your child, a fellow traveler, a potential friend.

Psalm of Worship: Psalm 73:25

Whom have I in heaven but Thee?

And besides Thee, I desire nothing on earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content Copyright Marcy Weydemuller | Site by Eagle Designs