image: header
Home | About | Contact | Books | Blog | Fiction | Non-Fiction | Mythic Impact


Monday, October 4, 2010

Leaving Egypt Behind

Scripture Exodus 30:37, And the incense which you shall make, you shall not make in the same proportion for yourselves; it shall be holy to you for the Lord.

Fragrant incense. For worship. For Aaron to burn every morning and every twilight. Fashioned separate. Fashioned holy.

Spices blended, spices beaten. Spice bold smoke. Saturating their senses, sanctifying their prayers.

Faith formed day. Structured around worship, prayers, labor. Another ceaseless offering. Beginning and ending with God. “And the smoke of the incense, with the prayers of the saints, went up before God out of the angel’s hand.”

Spoken prayers, silent prayers, searching prayers. Do I offer them to You with a holy awe, with a heart of worship? Do I invite You to begin and end my day and influence all the situations in between, or do I keep You at a distance? Separate compartments for worship and work?

Bathe my senses in Your Spirit, Lord. Anoint my prayers with Your spices that they may be acceptable.

Psalm of Worship: Psalm 141:2

May my prayer be counted as incense before Thee;

The lifting up of my hands as the evening offering.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content Copyright Marcy Weydemuller | Site by Eagle Designs