image: header
Home | About | Contact | Books | Blog | Fiction | Non-Fiction | Mythic Impact


Monday, March 22, 2010

Leaving Egypt Behind

Scripture: Exodus 4:1, Then Moses answered and said, ‘What if…’

Moses brought the Lord a question many prophets have echoed throughout time. What if they don’t believe me or listen to me? What then? Moses struggled to comprehend God’s message, he also questioned his ability to succeed.

And God answered. Patiently, one detail at a time, God spoke to Moses’ queries, doubts, and fears, confirming His supply. God knows our frame, knows we are dust and knows that sometimes we need tangible answers to take the next step. He know our minds whirl with ‘will I be competent’ and what if I can’t do this’.

Jesus told His disciples their faith was too little to heal the demonic boy in Matthew and with faith the size of a mustard seed they could move mountains. In Mark, Jesus amplifies His answer. They need to pray.

God acknowledged Moses’ struggle of faith without anger and with concrete promises.

Still Moses continued to question until there were no excuses left. God had provided for all of Moses’ initial confusion and stumblings. Now God’s anger burned. Despite God’s sufficiency, Moses trembled. He hid behind smoke screens. He attempted to talk himself out of serving by shielding himself with arguments.

Lord, I can work up excellent reasons and debate why I should not serve when the truth is I’m afraid and unwilling. Please expand my faith to mustard seed size so I will respond in obedience and trust when You tell me all my ‘what ifs’ are provided for by You.

Psalm of Worship: Psalm 121:2-3

My help comes from the Lord,

Who made heaven and earth.

He will not allow your foot to slip;

He who keeps you will not slumber.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content Copyright Marcy Weydemuller | Site by Eagle Designs