image: header
Home | About | Contact | Books | Blog | Fiction | Non-Fiction | Mythic Impact


Monday, March 15, 2010

Leaving Egypt Behind

Scripture: Exodus 3:6, He said also, “I am the God of your father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.”

God did not speak to Moses until Moses turned to look. Why? Did Moses’ curiosity indicate an open mind and heart to hear God? God already knows our thoughts. He knew Moses was ready to listen. But Moses needed to know now he was ready to be God’s servant, to serve God.

“I am the God of your father. I have seen the affliction.” Moses’ earlier attempts to deal with the Hebrew’s sufferings resulted in his run to the desert from criminal charges, and Israel continuing in anguish. Moses knew that his methods had failed, his concepts of how God could use him, perhaps even his perception of God’s character was mistaken.

Now that God had Moses’ attention He gives Moses His name. I AM. God wanted to tell Moses who He was. Not the gods of Egypt, not the God of Moses’ imagination; the Lord, God of Moses’ ancestors, God of the promises.

Moses had to be willing to listen.

Am I willing Lord, to ask to know You as You are? Can I move beyond stereotypes, myths, and wishful thinking? Your name is still “I AM”. And to-day You still call Your people to freedom, to salvation. Open my ears, Lord, that I may listen to Your call.

Psalm of Worship: Psalm 85:8

I will hear what God the Lord will say;

For He will speak peace to His people, to His godly ones;

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content Copyright Marcy Weydemuller | Site by Eagle Designs