image: header
Home | About | Contact | Books | Blog | Fiction | Non-Fiction | Mythic Impact


Monday, October 8, 2018

And After: Grace in the Wilderness: Prayers and Poetry


-->
Jeremiah 31:19, “For after I turned back, I repented; And after I was instructed, I smote on my thigh; I was ashamed, and also humiliated, Because I bore the reproach of my youth.”

And after.

How often do we allow our lack of trust in ourselves to interfere with our trust in others or in the Lord? Our own reproach often stains not only our past but our present and our future as well. Like a bird of prey watching intently for the moment of attack.

So we work to keep all our errors hiding in the dark, from the least to the unforgiveable, hoping they will all go away or dissolve or be forgotten. And the shame becomes stronger and deeper.

Yet, in the Lord’s hands, in His light, the failures and reproach can be turned into life. Although we know not to trust ourselves, we can trust His promises. Instead of keeping our humiliation as barriers to reconciliation and restoration with others, with ourselves, and with the Lord, can become our new reality. Shame no longer has control.

Lord, please open our hearts to identify and acknowledge our excuses that we may face our fears and repent our failures with honesty.

Your thoughts,




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content Copyright Marcy Weydemuller | Site by Eagle Designs