image: header
Home | About | Contact | Books | Blog | Fiction | Non-Fiction | Mythic Impact


Monday, May 8, 2017

Persevere: Word Ambassadors: Prayers and Poetry

Reading: Ephesians 6:18

“Pray in the Spirit at all times in every prayer and supplication. To that end keep alert and always persevere in supplication for all the saints.”

When a new believer I heard a Bible teacher say that the Lord gives three answers to our prayers: yes, no, and not yet. I struggled then with the “not yet” since I didn’t understand why that would be a factor.

Many life circumstances later I do understand why the not yet is often appropriate and yet whenever that answer comes up I still struggle with it. My immediate desire is still for instant answers.

Even hearing a no immediately gives a closure. Not yet hangs in uncertainty. Requires ongoing trust on a path we can’t see or one that keeps shifting. There doesn’t seem to be any solid footing. Only more questions.

I resist suffering, waiting, heartache, worry, and confusion. Do you too? And so sometimes I have made a situation worse by attempting to “fix” it myself. To speed up the process or detour some deep learning curves. I’m too attached to our instant society to take the time to listen with an open heart.

To persevere. To listen for the Spirit’s perspective and purpose. Which is often far beyond anything I could imagine. I tend to give up too early. Do you? And yet, when we can trust and wait and pray in the Spirit with a willing heart, we can find solid ground to stand on. His power and His peace and His sustaining presence will carry us.

Thank you, Lord, for Your gift of prayer for ourselves and each other. Please keep us faithful to Your purpose. Thank you for the strength we can give each other in Your Spirit’s counsel and insight for one step at a time.


Psalm of Worship: Isaiah 55:12

“For you will go out in joy, and be led back in peace; the mountains and the hills before you shall burst with song, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands.”




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content Copyright Marcy Weydemuller | Site by Eagle Designs