image: header
Home | About | Contact | Books | Blog | Fiction | Non-Fiction | Mythic Impact


Monday, December 10, 2012

Faith Seeds: Prayers and Poetry



Hebrews 11:8, “By faith Abraham obeyed when he was called to set out for a place that he was to receive as an inheritance; and he set out, not knowing where he was going.”

I live in a city where the statistics say that 50% of the population leaves after two years. Daily driving around parked moving vans is a given. If a person stays four, then he is considered a real resident. I came for a year and am now into my seventh, but feel like a visitor. There are many days that I still don’t have a clue where I’m going—literally. I have become somewhat of an expert on wrong turns though and what streets to avoid.

New journeys often start with excitement and anticipation, just like beginning faith steps. But then the map is backwards, a road doesn’t exist, the cart’s wheels fall off and suddenly it’s all overwhelming. That faith walk is as uncertain as the changing weather patterns. Instead of answering a nudge to become kinder, we find ourselves crabbier than ever. We start looking back to what was instead of ahead to new possibilities.

Spiritually and emotionally some days are a challenge to face, either because we have no idea what to expect, or we know exactly what the day will bring and do not want to participate at all. Like a stubborn toddler the word ‘no’ rushes up within, even if we keep silent.

At least that’s what I often contemplate when I forget whose hand is holding onto me and who knows every step on the route He has prepared, no matter how many hours, months or years the process will take. The final destination is His chosen place. What I do need to do is walk a little closer.

Lord, I pray to obey with faith and go forward as you lead that today I may live in Your inheritance, in accord with Your purposes, and trust whatever steps You choose for me to take.


Psalm of Worship: Psalm 131:2

“But I have calmed and quieted my soul, like a weaned child with its mother;
my soul is like a weaned child that is with me.”


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content Copyright Marcy Weydemuller | Site by Eagle Designs