image: header
Home | About | Contact | Books | Blog | Fiction | Non-Fiction | Mythic Impact


Monday, October 1, 2012

Faith Seeds: Prayers and Poetry


Hebrews 11:6, “….without faith, it is impossible to please God, for whoever would approach him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him.”


For those who have met You Lord, or even had a glimpse of You, I doubt one would ever really deny Your existence. In my darkest moments that idea has never once taken root in me and yet there are questions that bring so many doubts, so many ‘but what if’ possibilities to block me from truly recognizing Your ability or Your willingness to act.

What if I am not welcome or not worthy? What if You exclude me because of my sin, or my selfishness? What if You see through my shields of hypocrisy? What if You can’t really help?

A desperate father brought to Jesus the plight of his son, his history since early childhood, the inability of healers to help him, the inability of the disciples to cure him and begged Jesus as his last hope, if you can—please help. And then his heart wrenching honest cry—“I do believe, help my unbelief.”

Often our faith staggers. We desire to walk in confidence and boldness. To bless and to be blessed according to God’s plans. But we focus on our own inadequacies instead of His power and grace. And create impossibilities before we even hear God’s reply.

Help me, Lord, help us, to come seeking Your will in faith, acknowledging the excuses we try to hide behind. Because You answer in spite of our feeble hope and in the presence of our failures that mock us. Please strengthen our faith into trust that really changes our lives as we daily walk in expectation.   



Psalm of Worship: Psalm 78:22-24

“Because they did not believe in God, and did not trust in His salvation
Yet he commanded the clouds above, and opened the doors of heaven;
And He rained down manna upon them to eat, and gave them food from heaven.”


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content Copyright Marcy Weydemuller | Site by Eagle Designs