image: header
Home | About | Contact | Books | Blog | Fiction | Non-Fiction | Mythic Impact


Monday, February 20, 2012

Kingdom Manna

Tasks

Luke 10:36, “Which of these three do you think, was a neighbor to the man who fell into the hands of the robbers?”

Emergency vehicle lights flashed at the end of my driveway when I prepared to leave for a meeting. An ambulance stood open next door at my neighbor’s. There had been an ongoing serious situation for a few months so the medical assistance was not a shock but not welcome either. I was blocked in, and I looked at my watch.

“So likewise a Levite, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side.”

Embarrassed I walked slowly back to the house. Trying to assuage my conscience with my lack of any remedy to offer, obvious personal support evidenced by several cars, facts that other neighbors were more in relationship. All true. All appropriate for the immediate moment. All irrelevant to my immediate response.

“…Show kindness and mercy to one another.”

Enlarge my capacity to extend compassion at all times Lord, not just when convenient to me both in time and attitude. Slow me down enough to connect with others where they are emotionally and not where I think they should be. Like You, give me a caring heart, not a critical evaluation.

“So do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is.”

Psalm of Worship: Psalm 145:9

The Lord is good to all, and his compassion is over all that he has made.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content Copyright Marcy Weydemuller | Site by Eagle Designs