image: header
Home | About | Contact | Books | Blog | Fiction | Non-Fiction | Mythic Impact


Monday, January 2, 2012

Kingdom Manna

Cost

Luke 7:28, “I tell you, among those born of women no one is greater than John; yet the least in the kingdom of God is greater than he.”

The least is the greater. As a phrase it reminds me of math homework where we had to identify the concepts before we could work out the numbers. And I was never able to figure them out.

I can get a glimpse of the idea if I think of cooking. Too much salt or pepper or sugar or any spice can ruin a delicious meal. ‘Just a pinch’ is written on many recipes. But it sounds so trivial compared to Jesus’ affirmation of John, and of his life’s work, of his faith.

To his own disciples John said, “He must increase, but I must decrease”, when explaining his ministry in relation to Jesus. John saw only joy as the people turned more and more to Jesus.

If I am willing to stand back, as John did, I have the privilege of watching Jesus accept my least efforts and cover them over with His greater good. To see Him combine them with other ‘leasts’ and do a work in our lives beyond our comprehension. Although I still don’t understand Lord, help me to live out its truth.


Psalm of Worship: Psalm 31:19

O how abundant is your goodness that you have laid up for those who fear you.

and accomplished for those who take refuge in you, in the sight of everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content Copyright Marcy Weydemuller | Site by Eagle Designs