image: header
Home | About | Contact | Books | Blog | Fiction | Non-Fiction | Mythic Impact


Monday, December 5, 2011

Kingdom Manna

Found

Luke 15:7, “Just so, I tell you, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who need no repentance.”

Right living. Right attitudes. Right connections. All give us a breath of confidence and satisfaction. ‘All is right with the world’—we think.

Trials, temptations, trouble tend to lead us to frustration and despair. ‘Why me? What have I done to deserve this?’ We calibrate our worth according to the quality of our days.

Restoration comes to mind. How can I make this right and make life run smoothly? But I am still looking at surface issues. Unstable options. Outer conditions.

Turn to Me, Jesus says, and I will give you life. Right standing. A moral issue. An inside condition. Repent.

Ready to listen, I recognize I let my definition of righteousness cloud my real needs. Salvation. My walk with You, Lord. Recognition dawns. I am the sinner.


Psalm of Worship: Psalm 51:12

Restore to me the joy of your salvation, and sustain in me a willing spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content Copyright Marcy Weydemuller | Site by Eagle Designs