image: header
Home | About | Contact | Books | Blog | Fiction | Non-Fiction | Mythic Impact


Monday, November 8, 2010

Leaving Egypt Behind

Scripture: Exodus: 33:13, Now therefore, I pray Thee, if I have found favor in Thy sight, let me know Thy ways, that I may know Thee, so that I may find favor in Thy sight.”

Moses knew the Egyptian ways were not God’s ways. Israel’s ways were not God’s ways. Amalek’s ways were not God’s ways.

“And your ears will hear a word behind you, “This is the way, walk in it,” whenever you turn to the right or to the left.” Moses asked to know God’s way that he might walk it for life.

A way that blended inner character with outward commitment. God’s way meant living in His will, obeying His commandments, acting as His emissary.

“I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but through Me.”

A designation for early Christians was as people of “The Way”. Often it was spoken in contempt for their living style by non-believers, but Christians wore the name with pride. The derision from others meant they were viewed as Christ’s followers. A badge of joy to them to be so identified with Christ. A path of service, mercy and outreach. Imitators of Christ walking in love.

May I so know Your ways, Lord, that I can live them from the inside out. Not in the futility of my mind but in the unity of Your Spirit. Not on self-designated paths, but in Your commissioned ways.

Psalm of Worship: Psalm 103:7

He made known His ways to Moses,

His acts to the sons of Israel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content Copyright Marcy Weydemuller | Site by Eagle Designs