image: header
Home | About | Contact | Books | Blog | Fiction | Non-Fiction | Mythic Impact


Monday, September 6, 2010

Leaving Egypt Behind

Scripture: Exodus 20:25, And if you make an altar of stone for Me, you shall not build it of cut stones, for if you wield your tool on it, you will profane it.

An altar of uncut stones, taken from the earth, God’s own creation, is the place of sacrifice God requested. An altar untarnished by man. An altar unsupplemented.

Abel brought before God a sacrifice that pleased Him. Cain brought first fruits that God rejected. Cain reacted in anger. Why, God asked. Beware. Sin crouches at your door.

Abraham withheld not his only son, Isaac. In faith he prepared the altar and God stayed his hand, substituting a ram. “The Lord will provide” Abraham declared. And God blessed him.

And now Moses is given detailed instructions for sacrifice, that he not in error profane worship or produce a man-made version of acceptable offerings.

Am I bringing to Your altar, Lord, my own definition of worship? Only You know what I need to lay before You. Only You can see what I need to place there to free my heart to serve wholly.

Keep me from rejecting Your true altar. Keep me from profaning worship, devotion and service by insisting on my choice instead of Yours. May I come to Your altar in obedience.

Psalm of Worship: Psalm 43:4

Then I will go to the altar of God, To God my exceeding joy;

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content Copyright Marcy Weydemuller | Site by Eagle Designs