image: header
Home | About | Contact | Books | Blog | Fiction | Non-Fiction | Mythic Impact


Monday, September 3, 2012

Faith Seeds: Prayers and Poetry



Genesis 1:3, “Then God said, ‘let there be light,’ and there was light.”


As I stood silent in the lava cave with my flashlight off I could hear a drip of water just overhead to my right, but I could not see it. I could smell the damp cold air, but I could not see the puffs of my breath. I felt a brief surge of air upon my legs sent by a sightless breeze. I put my hand directly in front of my eyes, and I could not see it.

Total, complete, darkness.

A few minutes later I heard voices coming down the tunnel ahead. As they approached a curve leading to the area where I stood a faint gray shadow edged into my vision. Although I could still see nothing at all the blackness had eased its degree. The closer the light came down the passage the more gray my sight recognized, however, I had no clarity until I turned my own flashlight back on.

Total, complete, light.

As I stood silent surrounded by its brightness the cave reflected back moving shadows. Eerie shapes and forms reverberated off the rock floor and walls and ceiling. But I stood in a pool of brightness and I could see everything around me clearly.

Total, complete, clarity.

A word spoken by scripture. A verse sung in a hymn. A prayer voiced in compassion. A long dormant idea illumined. A puzzling incident revealed. God’s light seeps in, gradually, just around the edges, or sometimes as a flash of inspiration. But when He speaks we receive when we watch.

Total, complete, insight.

Lord, please speak Your light into our hearts fresh each morning as a Son rise—You Lord in us each morning, just as You bring in the dawn.



Psalm of Worship: Psalm 27:1

“The Lord is my light and my salvation: whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the defense of my life; whom shall I dread?”

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content Copyright Marcy Weydemuller | Site by Eagle Designs