image: header
Home | About | Contact | Books | Blog | Fiction | Non-Fiction | Mythic Impact


Thursday, July 21, 2011

Kingdom Manna

Hour

John 3:5, Jesus answered, “Very truly, I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God without being born of water and spirit.”

Brand new. Immediately senses of smell and touch ignite our minds. Leather , wood, paint. A newborn baby, wrapped in softness, purity, innocence. A brief time in which we linger inhaling life’s crisp moment.

Leprosy. When pronounced unclean by the priest the victim is cast out, isolated from the community. Shunned. Unless the skin turns white and repeated examination from the priest shows no further curse. Pronounced clean, sent to wash themselves and their clothes. Re-entry to society. Inhaling a new beginning.

Before God’s tabernacle the laver, the altar. Washed of soot and trespasses and self-centered goals. Prepared to meet with the Lord in His sanctuary, inhaling incense of prayer.

Lessons I need to remember Lord. I can wash and scrub on the outside. Wear new clothes, smell fresh, and come into Your Presence. But unless I open my heart to Your Spirit, to wash in Your cross, to allow You to be born in me—Your kingdom doors are closed. Life stagnates. And I continue to inhale sin’s tainted air.


Psalm of Worship: Psalm 51:10

Create in me a clean heart, O God,

and put a new and right spirit within me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content Copyright Marcy Weydemuller | Site by Eagle Designs