image: header
Home | About | Contact | Books | Blog | Fiction | Non-Fiction | Mythic Impact


Thursday, November 18, 2010

Leaving Egypt Behind

Scripture: Exodus 36:6-7, Thus the people were restrained from bringing any more. For the material they had was sufficient and more than enough for all the work, to perform it.

Restrained from offering. Israel overflowed with generosity for the Lord’s tabernacle. Freely they gave. Filled to the brim. There was enough for all the work, to perform it. More than enough.

They returned to God from the bounty He had given them.

Resources unlimited.

“That He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with power through His Spirit in the inner man;” an inheritance beyond our understanding. More than enough for all the work he asks us to do. Sufficient supply.

Replicated offerings. As Jesus fed the five thousand with five loaves of bread and two fish, with leftovers twelve baskets full. If we just offer, You will provide.

Reveal to me Lord the stinginess in me. Forgive me my miserly attitude toward time and talent and tithe. Replace it with a giving heart that Your Spirit may pour through and expand my meager mites into bounty. All that I have is Your gift to me, just as You gave to Israel. All that You ask me to do, to give, You will multiply from Your storehouse.

Psalm of Worship: Psalm 96:8

Ascribe to the Lord the glory of His name;

Bring an offering, and come into His courts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content Copyright Marcy Weydemuller | Site by Eagle Designs